Expert Landlord-Tenant Attorneys
No matter if you’re renting a residence or renting out a residence, RAK Law Firm can help you stand up for your legal rights. We can help both tenants and landlords with everything from interpreting a lease to drafting a lease to eviction issues, and much more.
Get started asserting your rights as a landlord or tenant with a free case evaluation by a landlord attorney. Call us at (813) 750-0513, or schedule online.
When it comes to being a landlord in Florida, there is a lot of fine print involved. When there’s a dispute, it’s often unclear who is in the right. That's why our landlord attorneys are here to guide you.
Having a problematic tenant or even just dealing with the day to day of being a landlord is already stressful, so at RAK Law Firm, we aim to make any legal action as smooth as possible. Our Florida landlord attorneys are here to guide you through any possible landlord-tenant legal issue you may be facing.
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Late/non-payment of rent
- Security deposit disputes
- Drafting and reviewing leases
- Litigation and mediation
Eviction lawyers are not technically necessary for the eviction process, but there’s a good reason that so many people choose to work with them. Laws tend to favor tenants, and you can also run into trouble if you don’t know how to approach the situation. For example, you may be sued for trespassing if you attempt to physically notify your tenant and aren’t aware of every rule about when you should be on the premises.
In addition to these considerations, you do need to file a lawsuit to officially evict a tenant who does not leave after a notice, and representing yourself is never advised in any legal case due to poorer outcomes.
As a tenant, you do have power when it comes to your residence. However, every case is different, and you never know what your landlord may try to claim. We can help you with any one of these issues and more:
- Security deposit disputes
- Illegal eviction
- Unsafe living conditions
- Landlord trespassing
What are the Landlord-Tenant Laws in Florida?
There are many laws surrounding landlord-tenant relationships on both sides. Some of these include:
- Landlord Responsibilities - Your landlord’s responsibilities are dependent on the type of rental unit you are occupying. For all types of residences, a landlord owes you a safe living space and maintenance of important parts of the building such as the roof and plumbing. For apartments, there are further requirements for pest control, garbage disposal, locks, and certain utilities.
- Tenant Responsibilities - Tenants must keep their living spaces clean and sanitary. They also have a responsibility to keep the peace around neighbors, preserve the property owned by the landlord, and use amenities in a reasonable fashion.
Get in Touch With a Lanlord-TEnant Attorney Who Can Help
Do you believe your tenant or your landlord may be in violation of a law? Call RAK Law Firm at (813) 750-0513 to speak directly with an attorney and discuss your options. We’re also here to help with any other legal matters regarding landlord-tenant law in Florida.
Why Choose RAK Law Firm?
Our Experienced Attorneys are trusted Civil Litigators
Highly Personalized Service
Wide Range of Practice Areas
Representing Clients Statewide
Prepared To Go to trial
Experience You Can Count ON